what we do
Meet Duane & Sandy
Founders of Sacred Journey
- a Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology with additional seminary training (Duane-1985/1994)
- work in the private healthcare field of Mental Health and Nursing (Sandy-1982-1994)
- previously licensed as a Professional Counselor in Texas and Colorado for 27 years
- overseas missionary
care-giverswith the International Mission Board (IMB-SBC/1994-2002) care-givingroles at the IMB Home Office in Medical and “Member-Care” (2002-2015)
- Soul Care ministry leadership with IMB as group retreat leaders (2012-present)
- Completion of a professional certificate in Spiritual Direction (Sandy-2016)
- Completion of a professional certificate in Soul Care (Duane-2017)
- Staff Positions as Soul Care Providers at Potter’s Inn Retreat Ministry (2015-2018)
The deep and effective transformation of Duane and Sandy’s own lives over these past 10 years of
Soul Care at Sacred Journey reflects the value of a hybrid approach to care from a philosophical and practical perspective. We combine the complementary but differing disciplines of counseling, spiritual direction, coaching, and discipleship. These similar but different approaches to care are accessed by the Soul Care Provider as appropriate, as need requires, and according to the specific equipping and skill of the provider. This hybrid allows for a blending of both directive and non-directive approaches to care- sometimes with multiple forms of care in the same session and/or retreat.
One-on-One Soul Care
From the convenience of your own home, soul care sessions can be done via secure, online video conferencing calls.
Community is one element of Soul Care that is only available through a group Soul Care retreat at Sacred Journey. The pairing of personal reflection and sharing together in a small group is valuable.
Personal or Couple Retreats
Choose between a 3-day or a 5-day Soul Care retreat. Both retreat opportunities offer a tailored, personal experience. Decide which one is best for you.
life and given us hope of sustainability as we follow God’s leading into the future.”